My main software interests include data handling, large systems, and in general, backend work, though I have dabbled in web design and frontend work. Other things I've done include automation, robotics, and simple circuit work. I am also very interested in Network Security, but have little to show for it yet.
I am an alum of the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor), where I studied Interdisciplinary Physics with a Concentration in Computer Science. I graduated in the spring of 2017.
I am currently employed in Berlin, Germany, as a Team/Backend Tech Lead for Envio Systems.
I worked at DocNetwork.org as a (mainly) backend developer from July 2017 to the end of January, 2019.
My main accomplishments included:
- Instrumented application for tracking of key metrics and performance data.
- Rewrote core dependencies for achieving distributed cluster metrics via pm2.
- Led the redesign and reimplementation of the authentication backend, increasing user security.
- Rewrote the central searching and SQL generation components, increasing performance, adding features, and creating a maintainable codebase.
- Reviewed code and designs of other developers.
- Rewrote and refactored various components for security, performance, features, and maintainability.
I was employed at Apple as a software development intern from January, 2015 until the end of September, 2016 where I worked on automated hardware performance testing and related systems. Due to Apple's requirements, I have no open source or public work during this time. However, I learned a great deal about real world software engineering and teams and am far better for it. After my employment at Apple ended (so I could focus on my classwork), I have started working on public projects again. See my projects page for some examples.
Prior to Apple, I also worked at several other companies, from 2-person electronics shops to multi-billion dollar enterprises over several years. However, while these experiences were valuable for my early professional development, the path, skills, and technologies utilized in these roles are not in my current future plans. I avoid specifying these when possible to present an accurate picture of my current skills and goals.
If you'd like to contact me or procure a résumé, please see my Contact Me page.